Land of the Free
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Land of the Free|
bosanski: Zemlja slobodnih
|Tekstopisac||Samuel Alfred Haynes 1963.|
|Kompozitor||Selwyn Walford Young, 1963.|
Land of the Free (instrumental)
Tekst[uredi | uredi izvor]
- O, Land of the Free by the Carib Sea,
- Our manhood we pledge to thy liberty!
- No tyrants here linger, despots must flee
- This tranquil haven of democracy
- The blood of our sires which hallows the sod,
- Brought freedom from slavery oppression’s rod,
- By the might of truth and the grace of God,
- No longer shall we be hewers of wood.
- Arise! ye sons of the Baymen’s clan,
- Put on your armour, clear the land!
- Drive back the tyrants, let despots flee -
- Land of the Free by the Carib Sea!
- Nature has blessed thee with wealth untold,
- O’er mountains and valleys where prairies roll;
- Our fathers, the Baymen, valiant and bold
- Drove back the invader; this heritage hold
- From proud Rio Hondo to old Sarstoon,
- Through coral isle, over blue lagoon;
- Keep watch with the angels, the stars and moon;
- For freedom comes tomorrow’s noon.
Reference[uredi | uredi izvor]
- "Flag, National Anthem and Prayer". Pristupljeno 28. 2. 2015.